- Talk to the audience not slides
- Whenever you show a plot, start by explaining the axes and what is being plotted.
- Plots should standalone, caption, title or annotate them, so that any subsetting or summarising is made clear.
Readability of plots:
- Don't be afraid to devote an entire slide to a plot. If you can't read one, then don't put on more than one.
- Axis labels need to be bigger ( I use
+ theme_bw(18)in ggplot2 to increase the base text size to 18pt)
- Beware pale colours with projectors (especially yellows) they tend to disappear.
- Save plots as pdfs, unless the file size is large, then use with png with at least 300 dpi.